My main responsibility within Storyland was as a designer and project manager in creating an in-park gameplay system for the ‘first theme park you can play’, working with an external client team. I approached the project through a guest-centred design lens, using theme park guest and video game player analysis data to shape concepts for key gameplay elements. The team took an iterative design approach, wherein I would present my ideas through text, infographics and sketches, and we would evaluate these in a team discussion and brainstorm improvements. I worked to create a strong foundation for a cohesive gameplay system and will be leaving behind a clear starting point for further development, in what is an innovative new area for themed entertainment.
I also contributed to multiple other key projects, working closely with the International Office Team, as well as project managers and creative leads to deliver work, including:
- Creating and managing content for strategy decks to present concepts to clients
- Team brainstorming early concepts for theme park attractions
- Co-designing a winning themed district landmark as part of an internal design competition
- Researching, analysing and presenting benchmarks for new concepts
- Designing tailored introductory decks for potential new clients